At Dillon Manufacturing, our goal is to help your processes operate as smoothly as possible, and with our 4-jaw lathe chucks you can do just that. Our chucks help enhance daily operations by providing accuracy and precision.
Steps for 4-Jaw Chuck Lathe Machine Operation
In order to see the best results, you’ll need to understand how to properly use a 4-jaw chuck lathe machine. Take a look at our breakdown of how to successfully use a lathe machine:
- You want to start by setting all of the jaws to an equal distance from the outside edge. This way, you will be creating space for yourself to insert the workpiece.
- Next, you’re going to want to insert the workpiece. After you slide that piece in, gently tighten the jaws against it. Be careful not to overly tighten it at this point.
- Place a dial indicator on the tip centered on the workpiece stock.
- You will then want to rotate the chuck until you find the low and high swings. Once you’ve discovered those swings, move the chuck to the lowest swing and zero at this time.
- Now you will want to rotate the chuck and find the highest swing.
- Following finding the highest swing, you’re going to want to get a calculator. You’ll need to divide the highest swing number by two and then rotate the chuck back to that number.
- At this halfway point, you’ll now want to zero the dial indicator.
- After step seven, you’ll need to adjust the axis by moving the closest jaw to the dial indicator parallel to the indicator.
- At this point, you want to loosen the two jaws and adjust them until the dial indicator reads zero on both ends of the rotation.
- You can now go ahead and repeat the process on the other two axes.
While the instructions are fairly self-explanatory, our team at Dillon Manufacturing is more than happy to provide you with any information whether it’s for maintenance, technical support, or in assisting you with product specifications.
Check Out the Diverse Chucks Dillon Manufacturing Offers
As a lathe chuck manufacturer, we understand how prominent a role these machines play in many businesses, and we are proud to enhance their capabilities with our various chucks.
Our selection of lathe chucks and other workholding products include:
In addition to our wide selection of products, by choosing Dillon you’ll get benefits such as:
- Competitive pricing and high-quality products
- An experienced staff who ensures products exceed your expectations
- ISO 9001:2015 registration
- Our speed and delivery capabilities
- All of our products are made in the USA
- Heat treatment and metal finishing to almost any specification or type
- Fully integrated computer system for tracking material throughout the plant
Industries That Can Use 4-Jaw Chuck Lathe Machines in Combination with Our Products
At Dillon Manufacturing, we are proud to say that through our years of operation we’ve worked with a wide variety of industries. If your field or industry is currently using a 4-jaw chuck lathe machine, whenever you’re in need of a replacement components, choose Dillon Manufacturing.
We’ve had considerable success supplying chucks and chuck jaws for a variety of sectors. Some industries that we’ve worked with include:
- Food product machinery
- Metal goods
- Tool and die
- Physicians’ and surgeons’ equipment
- Pet supplies and food retail
- Aircraft components
- Industrial and commercial machinery
- And much more!
Contact Us for 4-Jaw Lathe Chucks
Are you looking to boost efficiency and productivity in your workplace? With the largest selection of chucks, chuck jaws, and accessories, Dillon Manufacturing can ensure you get the correct solution for your needs.
Contact our team today to discuss what you’re looking for when it comes to 4-jaw lathe chucks. We’d be more than happy to answer any of your questions.