The Atlas Press Company started making and selling the Atlas lathe and other small machine tools in 1920. This company originated in Kalamazoo, Michigan, but its products are now available all over the United States.
Learn about why Atlas chucks and workholding equipment have been so popular among machinists for years.
What Are Atlas Chucks?
Atlas chucks are commonly used in metalworking and machining processes. They are self-centering chucks that typically have three jaws. Atlas chuck jaws and chucks work together to grip a workpiece, and the workpiece can be easily adjusted to promote the best results. This chuck is often paired with the Atlas lathe, which is a popular lathe that was also developed by the Atlas Press Company.
What Are the Types of Atlas Chucks?
There are a variety of Atlas chucks available to choose from, and your selection will depend on your machining needs. Regardless of the option you choose, you can adjust your Atlas chuck to work seamlessly with your Atlas lathe or other components.
Here are two of the most popular Atlas lathe chucks on the market:
- Three-jaw, self-centering chuck – This standard Atlas chuck features three jaws that move in unison, working to securely grip a workpiece.
- Four-jaw independent chuck – In a four-jaw Atlas lathe chuck, there are four independent adjustable master jaws, enabling precise alignment of irregularly shaped workpieces by adjusting each individual master jaw.
What Are the Benefits of Using Atlas Chucks and Atlas Chuck Jaws?
- Versatility – Since Atlas chucks are adjustable, you can use them for a wide variety of projects. They are especially helpful for turning, facing, drilling, and other lathe-related tasks.
- Availability – The collection of Atlas workholding equipment has been popular since its inception. Therefore, Atlas chuck jaws and chucks are easy to locate in the market when you want to purchase a new or replacement piece.
- User-friendliness – Atlas chuck jaws and chucks are easy to operate, thanks to their self-centering alignment abilities. The chuck key they come with also provides simple opening and closing abilities, making it easy for users of any skill to place and release the object being worked on.
- Strength – Atlas chuck jaws are what hold the workpiece in place, typically with serrated gripping surfaces for the strongest hold. Because they are crafted with hardened steel, Atlas chuck jaws are made to last a long time. However, they are always replaceable if they are worn down or damaged.
It is important to note that Atlas workholding pieces are most compatible with other Atlas equipment. Be sure to pick up Atlas lathe chucks and chuck jaws to reap all of the benefits these parts have to offer!
Luckily, Dillon Manufacturing is a leading provider of reliable and versatile chuck jaws for workholding applications. In particular, our Atlas chuck jaws are designed to increase productivity and efficiency in any workholding application.
Features and Benefits of Our Atlas Chucks
At Dillon Manufacturing, our Atlas chucks are made of the highest-quality materials and backed by our superior customer service. Atlas chucks and chuck jaws are typically known for being compact and versatile, making them a perfect solution for small-scale machining operations.
Additional features of our Atlas workholding products include:
- Made in the USA
- ISO 9001:2015 registered
- Competitively priced
- Readily available to be shipped across the United States
- Metal finishing and heat treatment to almost any specification
If you are unsure which Dillon chuck jaw would fit your Atlas lathe chuck, please contact us and one of our team members will gladly help!
Dillon Manufacturing Provides Atlas Lathe Chucks and More
In addition to offering chuck jaws for Atlas chucks, we also offer a variety of other workholding solutions. Some of our most popular products include:
- Serrated jaws
- Pin location type jaws
- Tongue and groove jaws
- Claw jaws
- Collet pads and jaws
- Jaw boring rings
- Square serrated key type jaws
- Miscellaneous jaws
Whether you are in need of jaws for Atlas chucks or any other workholding solutions, you can expect Dillon Manufacturing to always deliver high-quality products that are made to last. Additionally, our Atlas chuck jaws and other products were made to work for a variety of different industries.
In Need of Atlas Workholding Products? Contact Dillon Manufacturing Today
If you are searching for chuck jaws for Atlas chucks, reach out to the Dillon Manufacturing team. We are ready to answer any questions you may have and connect you with Atlas workholding chucks, chuck jaws and beyond!