Dillon Manufacturing strives to provide the best quality products and service to our customers, and because of our dedication to this fact weve made sure to acquire ISO 9001:2015 certification.
ISO 9001 is part of the ISO 9000 family of quality management systems which has been created to ensure organizations meet essential needs for customers and stakeholders and fulfill statutory and regulatory requirements. Keep reading to find out more about the ISO 9001 standard.
About the ISO 9001 Quality Standard
ISO 9001 is the international standard which outlines the requirements for a quality management system (QMS). The first such standard was published in 1987 as ISO 9001:1987, with revisions being released in 1994, 2000, 2008, and, most recently, 2015. ISO 9001 was developed by the International Organization for Standardization giving the acronym its name an international agency which is composed of the national standards bodies for over 160 countries.
Organizations have utilized the ISO 9001 standard to showcase their capability for providing quality products and services to their customer base while meeting key regulatory requirements. The ISO 9001 standard is also the most popular standard that is part of the ISO 9000 series, as it is the only standard found in the series to which organizations can certify.
Organizations which have been certified under the previous standard of ISO 9001:2008 have a three-year period to update to the ISO 9001:2015 standard, with the window closing on September of 2018. Following this date, any ISO 9001:2008 certification held by a company will no longer be considered valid.
Benefits of the ISO 9001 Standard
By utilizing the ISO 9001 standard, companies are able to showcase the high quality of their products and services to their customers and potential customers. ISO 9001 additionally helps organizations to:
- Consolidate a QMS
- Improve efficiency and productivity
- Stay up to date with industry expectations
- Meet statutory and regulatory requirements
- Expand into new markets
- Identify and address risks
Specifics of ISO 9001:2015
Some of the specific topics that ISO 9001:2015 covers include:
- Key quality management system requirements, incorporating such aspects as documented information, organization and planning, and process interactions
- Resource management, with focuses on human resources and facility work environment
- Product realization, from design through delivery
- Internal audits and corrective/preventative action to provide analysis, measurement, and improvement for the QMS
For the ISO 9001:2015 iteration, core updates have included new terminology, information restructuring, emphasizing risk-based thinking, increased applicability for services, and increased leadership requirements.
Obtaining ISO 9001 Certification
To acquire the ISO 9001 quality standard certification, companies must demonstrate the following:
- Adhering to the guidelines outlined as part of the ISO 9001 standard
- Fulfilling their industrys and companys own requirements
- Meeting customer requirements
- Meeting statutory and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining essential documentation
Dillon Manufacturings ISO 9001:2015 Certification
You can view our ISO 9001:2015 certification information at our certificate of registration page, which outlines that Dillon Manufacturing has established a quality management system conforming to the ISO 9001 standard with the scope of “Top Jaw Catalog Products and Modification of Top Jaw Catalog Products to Customer Specifications.”
Were proud of our certification status and pleased that our customers can know the dedication we put toward our business and industry. If you have any questions for us about the ISO 9001:2015 standard, feel free to reach out to our team.